Saturday, January 5, 2019

Fourteenth Post

September 30, 2018



Today was the sports festival at Kyoto Gaidai Nishi! My first and last sports festival, and it was amazing. At first I didn’t think that I would enjoy it because everyone I had asked ‘are you excited for it?’ had answered with a ‘not really’ or something similar. However, the sports festival was fun and everyone seemed to have a good time. There were multiple mini-games played and we could hangout with friends from any class if we weren’t in the particular mini game being played. At the near end of the festival, one of the English teachers there came up to me and we went to a conference room back at the school for a short meeting with the people who set up my exchange and made the whole thing possible for me. I remember seeing them in my Japanese class in Canada for the first time, offering the information about this exchange, and I remember the feeling of ‘I want to do this!’ I’m so glad I could see them all again in Japan. I received some of my favourite chocolate bars and letters from Canada from my family, they were so sweet♥️ 

2 comments:

  1. What great pictures! I am so glad that you liked the chocolate. We miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete

First Post

August 17, 2018 Today is my last full day in Canada. This is my first post, so I hope it works out and everyone can see my cool adventures i...