Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Seventeenth Post

October 14, 2018







Today I went to Kinkakuji with my host mother and my two host brothers. Kinkakuji is a temple in Kyoto known as the, "Temple of Gold" because the top floor is entirely covered in genuine gold leaf. It was very busy and hot, there were so many other foreigners as well. We all walked around the premises and looked at the shrines, took lots of pictures and bought a few charms. After that we went home and took a little rest. There was a small parade of floats that children were carrying around the neighborhood and passing shrines with, so I got to say hi and talk to a few people as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Post

August 17, 2018 Today is my last full day in Canada. This is my first post, so I hope it works out and everyone can see my cool adventures i...