Thursday, January 3, 2019

Sixteenth Post

October 13, 2018

It's Sunday, and I went to Toji temple in Kyoto, as well as the Aquarium afterwards! The temple was amazing and had a very peaceful garden and pond. There were lots of koi fish and many turtles in the pond. The Toji Temple is a prefecture by Kyoto Tower, and is made up of five stories. It lights up at night! It is very tall, and there's no going inside it. There happened to be a market today- as there is one every month on the 21st at the temple, so it was very, very busy. We ate some karage, which is just fried chicken, and we got some 'ame' (candy) on a stick. It was delicious. The aquarium was big, and filled with interesting underwater creatures. Some I've never heard of or seen in the aquarium in Vancouver, Canada- such as the Japanese enormous red sea crab (Spider Crab) and some worms that poke out of sand. We saw jellyfish, stingrays, clown fish, and even went to a dolphin show afterwards. It was very bright and hot outside, but so worth it because we got to see three dolphins doing amazing high jumps and tricks. The people running the show were very enthusiastic and got everyone clapping along with their hands and repeating some Japanese words (I didn't understand) but it was awesome. After, we went to a restaurant where we got two pizzas. One was cheesy with a raw egg in the centre, and the other was like an average cheese pizza but was covered with corn on the top. It was interesting but yummy. I got some chocolate ice cream and my host mother and I watched my host brother play at the park until I was finished, and we went home.















1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are getting to experience so much. You are a wonderful photographer. You really tell a story with what you choose to capture.

    ReplyDelete

First Post

August 17, 2018 Today is my last full day in Canada. This is my first post, so I hope it works out and everyone can see my cool adventures i...