Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Twenty-Fourth Post, My birthday

November 29, 2018

On Nov. 23 we didn't have school because of a holiday, so my host family had a mini birthday party for me. I slept in, then met with both of my host sisters at a train station. We ate brunch at Lotteria, and then went to a temple near my homestay. Then we played badminton at a park by the Kyoto Aquarium for a few hours. We got home and ate dinner, had cake and went to a lights event with acapella singers! It was interesting.

It was my 17th birthday on Nov. 26! My host family forgot in the morning but when I went to school a lot of friends gave me presents and letters <3 After school I went to dinner and then to see the sequel of one of my favourite movies with my host sister and her friend. The movie theaters in Japan that I've been to are pretty much the same, but I've noticed that most people tend to stay in the theater seated until the credits are finished and the lights come on again.

I got home and my host family wished me a happy birthday, and went to bed because I had school next day.

On Wednesday, I wrote a speech with my Japanese teacher for the closing ceremony before winter break. I will make a short speech about how I enjoyed Japan, the exchange, and any words I wanna say to the student body. It is all Japanese! Speaking of which I actually had two conversations today speaking quite fluently in Japanese! It's a good feeling. I was practicing piano in my music club and met a Japanese university student, and we talked at the school gates for a bit, so it was cool :))


4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had such a good birthday. I'm so proud of you. We can't wait to have you home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a nice birthday share. Went for a homely get together organized by my cousin on her grand mom's birthday last month. Interior and exterior of LA venues was appreciated by all. Also the dinner and desserts were yummy. Cake design was cool enough. Staff was really good. Also I was surprised to learn about the reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

First Post

August 17, 2018 Today is my last full day in Canada. This is my first post, so I hope it works out and everyone can see my cool adventures i...