Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Twenty-Fifth Post

December 22, 2018

I made two speeches, one for the faculty and another for the entire school. I received a certificate for completion of my courses at KGN and my exchange. It’s coming to an end soon- less than two weeks! 


Everyday I have plans with my classmates and other friends to hangout for the last time. I went to a monjayaki restaurant, a cat cafe, a few temples, a candy shop, karaoke, and many other places. Today I went ice skating and to a movie that had no English or English subtitles! I understood quite a bit to my surprise. I was really glad because today I went took the bus and train to a station I’d never been to before all by myself, and that is really difficult for me to do in Japan. Since I also slept in and came home late, I didn’t see my host family today but they had a piano recital. 

Tomorrow my host sister will invite her friends over to have a Christmas party, and then the next day (dec 24) I will get to tour around Shiga with my friends Tomoya and Nao! They are very close friends so it will be hard to say goodbye (it is for everybody anyways). On Christmas Day, my host family will be busy with clubs and work because it isn’t a holiday in Japan, you don’t get the day off. That’s okay though since they have so many other festivals and holidays to celebrate! 















No comments:

Post a Comment

First Post

August 17, 2018 Today is my last full day in Canada. This is my first post, so I hope it works out and everyone can see my cool adventures i...